Oh, hey. Didn’t see you there. How’s it going? Good!
So, anyway, welcome to Infinite Guest. We’re a podcast network. We’re a blog. We’re not, nor have we ever been, a dessert topping. If that’s what you’re looking for, we’re horribly sorry. Maybe try Nerdist?
OK, now that they’re gone, here’s what you need to know. We’ve got us a big damn podcast network. Some you’re already familiar with: Dinner Party Download, Wits, The Splendid Table. Some are ones who’ve joined up with us as we launch this sucker: You Must Remember This, The Life of the Law, and Top Score. And the rest are brand new. Here they are:
- A Tiny Sense of Accomplishment: Authors Sherman Alexie and Jess Walter read stories, chat with special guests, and talk about whatever’s on their mind (music, the NBA, geopolitical chaos, sex, searing back pain, etc.).
- Reasonably Sound: Do you enjoy sound? You’re reading a podcast description right now, so chances are you do. PBS Idea Channel host Mike Rugnetta does, too. And on Reasonably Sound, Mike will provide context, explanation and a little celebration of the complexities and awesomeness of audio, and the various cultures which surround and have grown around it. Not just for audiophiles, Reasonably Sound will be your guide to the world of sound.
- Secret Skin: Open Mike Eagle is an L.A. based hip-hop artist. On Secret Skin, he and his guests examine what’s really going on behind the face that hip-hop artists put on for the public. The in-jokes. The heavy stuff. The tour stories. The day-to-day struggles and absurdities of being a working musician. The Secret Skin.
- Home Dunk: Wits host John Moe loves sports. On Home Dunk, John and his guests talk about the stories of sports in a smart, friendly way, from the vantage point of people who didn’t necessarily make the team. They will also tell you which NFL mascot would win in a fight. We’re sorry, Cleveland.
- Big Appetites: Pati Jinich, host of Pati’s Mexican Table, and Sally Swift, co-creator of The Splendid Table, join forces on Big Appetites. Their goal, in Pati’s words, is to make people “hungry for more,” be it for food or new experiences. The two friends discuss food from all over, their “go-to” cookbooks and recipes, and pretty much whatever else is on their minds.
- Awesome Etiquette: Lizzie Post and Daniel Post Senning of the Emily Post Institute answer your questions about etiquette in the 21st century. Every week, Awesome Etiquette guides listeners through everything from traditional etiquette quandaries to newly-emerging issues in the modern world.
And that’s us. Comedy, food, culture, sports, music. We have something for everyone. Except blacksmiths. If you know a good blacksmithing podcast, let us know. We’ll see what we can do.
Oh, and I’m Stu (@RandBallsStu on Twitter; it’s a long story). I’m your cruise director. I’ll be posting here regularly, so you have something to read while you’re listening to all this shiny, crisp content at your standing desk or treadmill.
I think that’s it. Click on the links provided. Take a listen. Thank you.